Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible?

Hello.
Well, you got me thinking... it'd be kinda cool to have a NEMS server up on a TV in the server room. Plus, I kinda needed a break from the bug fixes and instead do something fun.

So I created NEMS TV Dashboard for you.

You'll see a new feature under "Reporting".

Also, you can optionally turn off passwordless access to NEMS TV Dashboard via NEMS SST. Just in case you want a bit more privacy on your network, but then you'd need a keyboard connected to the TV system.

See the documentation: https://docs.nemslinux.com/features/nems-tv-dashboard

Remember: NEMS is still just a server - you do not connect the NEMS server itself to the TV. Instead, you connect some other computer (maybe a Raspberry Pi Zero?) to the TV and open a web browser, and open NEMS TV Dashboard. F11 will make it fullscreen on most browsers.

Thanks for the fun idea! I hope you like it.

The dashboard I used is based on original early work by Morten Bekkelund & Jonas G. Drange, with a bunch of user contributions, and finally the efforts of fnordpojk. I then made some modifications to it to make it compatible with NEMS Linux, plus tweaked it a bit to my liking.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:

Messages In This Thread
Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by Magi - 05-30-2018, 05:46 AM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by edembskey - 07-19-2018, 08:24 AM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by Robbie Ferguson - 07-20-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by Robbie Ferguson - 07-20-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by JatBee - 01-13-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by Robbie Ferguson - 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM
RE: Connecting NEMS to a TV, is it possible? - by JatBee - 01-15-2019, 08:22 PM