Hello There, Guest!  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UPS Episode or Thoughts

Hello All,

I will go through them again to check but has there been an episode that mentions UPSs? My electric flickered ONCE, VERY briefly and ONLY the Mac Mini was affected. I have backups of everything but do NOT want to have a corrupted file system to have to contend with. Looking for thoughts and ideas. Obviously the more I can have on a UPS the better but the Mac is the most important box other than the firewall right now.

Any recommendations about UPS? Not looking for Apple blasting. I can do that all by myself.  Smile
Thanks all,

Marshman  NY, USA
Hi Marshman,
Episode 201 and Episode 407. 201 while old, was almost entirely dedicated to UPS. Also, Episode 177 talked about surge suppression, which is also good info.
Good luck on your quest! Let us know if any specific questions arise.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Thanks Robbie!

After I posted I did go through the episodes I have downloaded cuz I did remember seeing one. I re-watched Episode 201 about the Cyber Power UPS and thought it looked good. Obviously by now there is an updated version but after watching Episode 407, I figured I would try your idea of using the Kill-A-Watt unit which I have to see what the Mini and two other PCs that sit side by side with it draw altogether. All three are generally not on at the same time and as I stated only the Mini was affected by the short brown out. I'll see what the dealio is and take it from there.

Thanks again!!
Thanks all,

Marshman  NY, USA
My pleasure! Thanks for watching!
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Now I have to go back and watch the Ep 201. Sounds very interesting.