Hello There, Guest!  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fuduntu?

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone did this but check out this Linux Distro.www.fuduntu.com it seems someone tried to make a Hybrid Ubuntu/Fedora Distro.

I am dowloading it now and am currious to see how this works. I am not sure if it uses Ubuntu or Fedora as the actual base for the distro so that ought to add to the mystery.
[Image: uc.png]
Deadlink. I googled it though... is this it? http://www.fuduntu.org/

So looks like they're just playing off the names of Fedora and Ubuntu to say "we're somewhere in the middle".

It's based on Fedora though. http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fuduntu
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
yeah that is it, I thought it only a matter of time for someone to want to make a mixture of both they are as they said in the middle so probably the best of both.
[Image: uc.png]
This is one distro I haven't installed yet... SO don't tempt me.
CompTIA A+ 602 Certified
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (Expired)
Google Developer Expert for Web Technology
There are too many distros out there to try, anyway. I gave up on trying them all. I find the name a little misleading, however. It's seems to really be more Fedora, hence yum+rpm. Udora would have been a better name Wink

the more the merrier

I will not betray my Wheezy, however.
(03-21-2012, 09:33 AM)tordeu Wrote: There are too many distros out there to try, anyway. I gave up on trying them all. I find the name a little misleading, however. It's seems to really be more Fedora, hence yum+rpm. Udora would have been a better name Wink

the more the merrier

I will not betray my Wheezy, however.

This does not sound like the sayings of a sane man.
CompTIA A+ 602 Certified
Tongue 
(03-22-2012, 08:13 AM)Garbee Wrote: This does not sound like the sayings of a sane man.

You're the dude running Windows 8, so .... Tongue
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
(03-22-2012, 01:11 PM)Robbie Ferguson Wrote:
(03-22-2012, 08:13 AM)Garbee Wrote: This does not sound like the sayings of a sane man.

You're the dude running Windows 8, so .... Tongue

Thank you, Robbie Wink

But what I said still sounds sane to me; even now. But that's what all insane people would probably say, too... Confused
Windows 8 can be run if you are perfectly sane... Just if you install VBox you need to disable the Vbox networking adapter on the host system until you need it since currently the IP on the main NIC won't bind for some reason because of the VBox adapter. Oh, and you need to not mind applications crashing for no apparent reason (Like Xchat has quite a bit in the past few days). Other than that, Win 8 is perfectly sane to run.
CompTIA A+ 602 Certified