Hello There, Guest!  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB?

It is more likely that Honda robots will attack with Bat'leths.
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV
Actually I think it is more likely we will actually get paradise. (If you get the reference, then Awesome!)
CompTIA A+ 602 Certified
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (Expired)
Google Developer Expert for Web Technology
back to the point a sec... i think a good idea wood be to have a option mabie of having a season (dependind if it fits) at highest quality for me id get a season of full quality episodes as i cant justify downloading them but i can get the smaller quality ones or the streem.
here we have a internet quota per month which includes upload and download therefore i must only download minimum where possible but id happly buy a flash drive (mine is 4gb atm so upgrade neded anyways)
[Image: fss.png]
not sent from a Blueberry
not sent from a iCod
One season would be roughly 50 GB. Cost of that would be astronomical on flash drives (max size is 16 GB for the custom printed ones). It'd cost roughly $110-200 to send you one season on custom flash drives (if full quality).

It'd be cheaper to sell you an external hard drive (say, a 500 GB drive) and send you all seasons on it for a couple hundred bucks. You'd end up with the external hard drive with a few hundred gigs of video. For an extra $30 we'll throw in a Category5 keychain usb flash drive Wink
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV
That said, if someone really wants a season, courier me your external hard drive with return shipping paid, and I'll load it up and send it back.
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV
I think it is a good idea to compress it, but maybe not to such a small size. For example, Episode 237 is 1.07GB uncompressed. I think if you could shrink it down to about 100MB per episode or thereabouts, the quality would be seriously improved over the 24-50MB sizing, while still being able to fit it all onto 64GB (I know that would jack up the cost of a flash drive, but you would have reasonable quality. As for the Blu-ray Disc idea, that would work, but the way it has been presented would be as a data disc, meaning that most likely you would not be able to use it in a Blu-ray Disc player connected to a TV, only in a Blu-ray drive on your PC.
Hi garywhite - this is a very old thread and no longer applies. Our LD RSS feed was discontinued a few years ago. It went great, but was too much effort and cost for such a small user-base, and that user-base did not mind upgrading to the SD feed, which carries the episodes around 200 MB per episode.
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV