Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

check_mk experiences on raspi?

Some months ago, I was new to Nagios, but learnt bit by bit to set and to install the watchdogs on the monitored systems.

That was quite a steep learning curve for someone that is new to linux.

I found out that there is a free raw edition of check_mk, is that somehow too much to run it on a Raspi3+, it would make things so much! easier to setup...

So why not favour check_mk instead of nagios?

Thanks for letting my journey to the right monitoring system end...

Don
Hi Don,
You're confusing the relationship between Check_MK and Nagios (technically, Nagios Core's web interface, not Nagios). Check_MK would be comparable to Adagios, not Nagios.

Whether Check_MK or Adagios (or NEMS for that matter), it's still Nagios under the hood. These interfaces are essentially how you configure and interact with Nagios (the daemon).

Generally, what we would consider "Nagios" on all these systems (NEMS, Check_MK, Nagios Core, Adagios) is the daemon that monitors your assets. The magic behind-the-scenes. The web interfaces however (NEMS Dashboard, NEMS NConf, NEMS SST, Check_MK, Nagios Core, Adagios) are just how we interact with it.

NEMS used to feature Check_MK Multi-site. It was pulled due to the direction the author took with the project. NEMS now features Adagios instead.

NEMS still uses Check_MK livestatus socket under the hood. This powers NEMS TV Dashboard, NEMS Warning Light, NEMS Mobile UI, NEMS Webhooks and more.

LOL, I hope all this rambling helps :D
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks: