Hello There, Guest!  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex Server, multiple drives and Raspberry Pi

Guys I need some help here...

I'm working on my plex server using a Raspberry Pi and 2 WD PiDrives, my problem is that I have all my media storage in a Win 10 pc and my MajaroSatellite (I love this one!) and I'm looking the way to mount both drives in the PI but having the ability to unplug them and connect it to one of my systems to transferring my stuff w/out loosing the path in the plex library.

I've heard that I can mount them using dev/sda1..2..3 but what'd happen if I unplug both and connect the one designated as 2 first, will it keep the mounting point or it'll try to mount as 1?.

Hope you can help me
Hi Napanno,
First of all, I would only mount hard drives using the UUID. Don't use dev assignments since they are prone to change (especially for drives you're swapping in and out).

If I follow the question correctly, you'll need to SSH into the Plex server and:
  1. Stop the Plex server:
    Code:
    sudo service plexmediaserver stop

2. Unmount the disk safely (assuming you mounted it to /mnt/library1 - update command according to your setup):
    Code:
    sudo umount /mnt/library1

3. Unplug the drive and take it to your computer, load up more files, etc.
  4. Plug the drive back into the Pi.
  5. Mount the drive (assuming you have correctly configured it in your /etc/fstab file):
    Code:
    sudo mount -a

6. Start the Plex server:
    Code:
    sudo service plexmediaserver start

7. Connect to the Plex server (ie. http://192.168.0.100:32400/web) and click the "..." next to the header "Libraries", then choose "Scan Library Files".
Good luck!
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV
(07-16-2017, 01:43 AM)Robbie Ferguson Wrote: Hi Napanno,
First of all, I would only mount hard drives using the UUID. Don't use dev assignments since they are prone to change (especially for drives you're swapping in and out).

If I follow the question correctly, you'll need to SSH into the Plex server and:
  1. Stop the Plex server:
    sudo service plexmediaserver stop
  2. Unmount the disk safely (assuming you mounted it to /mnt/library1 - update command according to your setup):
    sudo umount /mnt/library1
  3. Unplug the drive and take it to your computer, load up more files, etc.
  4. Plug the drive back into the Pi.
  5. Mount the drive (assuming you have correctly configured it in your /etc/fstab file):
    sudo mount -a
  6. Start the Plex server:
    sudo service plexmediaserver start
  7. Connect to the Plex server (ie. http://192.168.0.100:32400/web) and click the "..." next to the header "Libraries", then choose "Scan Library Files".
Good luck!

Got it.. I'll give it a try and post the result in the forum, still have to think about the power management thing...
Did you have any success?
Robbie Ferguson, Host
Category5 Technology TV
www.Category5.TV
254-5-CAT5TV