Category5.TV Community Forum

Full Version: External hard drive renamed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using plexpi v1.3.  It's been working pretty decent for me. still working out some jumpiness issues every once in a while.  My media is on an external hard drive connected directly to the Raspberry Pi.  Today I disconnected the drive and added some additional content.  When I plugged it back in, plex gave me errors that none of my media was available.  So tried adding a Library, when I noticed that my hard drive named "Media" Plex was now seeing as "Media1".   I disconnected the drive again, to make sure I didn't accidentally rename it, it was still named "Media".  So I plugged it back into the Pi and now it sees it as "Media2".  Is there something I can do to get Plexpi to see it as "Media" again, so I don't have to have it go through and re-setup everything?
following as I ran into the same issue but just went ahead and re did everything.
How are you disconnecting it? Just pulling the usb cable or unmounting it first?

I think that if you just pull the cable, it stays mounted, so when you plug it back again it's being mounted in a different location.

A reboot should fix it anyway