Category5.TV Community Forum

Full Version: New Sysbench Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Robbie,

When running the new sysbench stats on the Asus TinkerBoard and the Nano Pi M4 I receive the following errors:

PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 101 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/share/nems/nems-scripts/stats.sh on line 31
PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 522 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/share/nems/nems-scripts/stats.sh on line 85
PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 9 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/share/nems/nems-scripts/stats.sh on line 111
PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 30 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/share/nems/nems-scripts/stats.sh on line 126

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/zram0       49M   48M     0 100% /var/log

Armbian seems to be loading /var/log into zram.

Thanks,
Bill
Yikes, dude. That means armbian, which is what I built their base images on, is putting /var/log into zram instead of on disk! There are a few other boards that used Armbian as the base for the base image - see https://baldnerd.com/sbc-build-base/ - do you get the same in those too?

I will have to write a new detector for the base image build process that determines if a build is based on Armbian and disable zram on /var/log. Of course, I caught this for /tmp - but never once did it cross my mind that they may be putting the logs in zram too :(

THANK YOU for catching this. This is a reasonably serious issue (only 49 MB allocated for logs???) so I will need to re-build each affected board from scratch, including their base images.

I will get working on it right away.

Robbie
Okay I've written the patch file. You can get it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Cat5TV...aster/prep

Just run that on one of your affected NEMS servers and you're good to go.

NOTE for future readers: if you are using a build that was created after today (May 4, 2019) this patch will already be included, so no need to run this.

Thanks again for reporting this issue!!
This patch has been automatically applied to all affected NEMS servers. No need to run it manually anymore.