Category5.TV Community Forum

Full Version: Monitor Windows Server Reboots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me just start by saying NEMS is a entirely new concept to me. So far I am monitoring a few servers with the NScleint and it seems to be doing well for the default monitors Disk, Mem, Uptime.  I have alerts working...all is well so far.  I see that there is a check command for event_reboot_win.  I am correct in thinking that I could get an alert when a server gets rebooted?  I have tried to find some documentation on how to enable that check but have not had any success. Is that check part of WMI?

Thanks for any help!

Edit I did a little poking arround and was able to add the check to a host, but I get an error of  (No output on stdout) stderr: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
Any idead on what I need to do?
(11-01-2019, 10:35 AM)Barber50701 Wrote: [ -> ]I see that there is a check command for event_reboot_win.  I am correct in thinking that I could get an alert when a server gets rebooted?  I have tried to find some documentation on how to enable that check but have not had any success. Is that check part of WMI?

No, you're dead wrong that "check" is triggering a reboot.
Do you have any suggestions on how to monitor for when a server is rebooted? Is there a way to use NEMS to look for an event id?