Category5.TV Community Forum
A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Printable Version

+- Category5.TV Community Forum (https://forum.category5.tv)
+-- Forum: Talk Nerdy To Me (https://forum.category5.tv/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: All Things Geek (https://forum.category5.tv/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? (/thread-34.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Robbie Ferguson - 04-13-2012

It is more likely that Honda robots will attack with Bat'leths.

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Garbee - 04-13-2012

Actually I think it is more likely we will actually get paradise. (If you get the reference, then Awesome!)

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - pyrosrockthisworld - 04-19-2012

back to the point a sec... i think a good idea wood be to have a option mabie of having a season (dependind if it fits) at highest quality for me id get a season of full quality episodes as i cant justify downloading them but i can get the smaller quality ones or the streem.
here we have a internet quota per month which includes upload and download therefore i must only download minimum where possible but id happly buy a flash drive (mine is 4gb atm so upgrade neded anyways)

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Robbie Ferguson - 04-20-2012

One season would be roughly 50 GB. Cost of that would be astronomical on flash drives (max size is 16 GB for the custom printed ones). It'd cost roughly $110-200 to send you one season on custom flash drives (if full quality).

It'd be cheaper to sell you an external hard drive (say, a 500 GB drive) and send you all seasons on it for a couple hundred bucks. You'd end up with the external hard drive with a few hundred gigs of video. For an extra $30 we'll throw in a Category5 keychain usb flash drive Wink

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Robbie Ferguson - 04-20-2012

That said, if someone really wants a season, courier me your external hard drive with return shipping paid, and I'll load it up and send it back.

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - garywhite - 07-05-2017

I think it is a good idea to compress it, but maybe not to such a small size. For example, Episode 237 is 1.07GB uncompressed. I think if you could shrink it down to about 100MB per episode or thereabouts, the quality would be seriously improved over the 24-50MB sizing, while still being able to fit it all onto 64GB (I know that would jack up the cost of a flash drive, but you would have reasonable quality. As for the Blu-ray Disc idea, that would work, but the way it has been presented would be as a data disc, meaning that most likely you would not be able to use it in a Blu-ray Disc player connected to a TV, only in a Blu-ray drive on your PC.

RE: A full hour of Category5 in only 24 MB? - Robbie Ferguson - 07-06-2017

Hi garywhite - this is a very old thread and no longer applies. Our LD RSS feed was discontinued a few years ago. It went great, but was too much effort and cost for such a small user-base, and that user-base did not mind upgrading to the SD feed, which carries the episodes around 200 MB per episode.