Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

nagios user authorization problems

Hello,

This past week I set up a new Raspberry Pi 3 using the NEMS Linux image downloaded from your website and while it appears to be a successful installation and setup I have run into a bit of a problem I hope someone can help correct.

During the installation I successfully ran nems-init and successfully changed the username and password when prompted to do so, after which I finished setting up some monitoring of several of our vmware virtual machines.

The first problem I came across was when clicking any of the links to manage any of the hosts from within the Nagios Core web interface i was presented with an error message stating that I did not have permissions to run these commands.  A google search found instructions to edit the /etc/nagios3/cgi.cfg file and change the username for the various user authorizations from the default of nemsadmin to the new user name I had set at initialization and then restart the Nagios service.  This process quickly resolved the issue and I then all appeared to work correctly within the Nagios Core Interface.

That was at least until i powered the RPi unit down and restarted it, which appears to have overwritten the /etc/nagios3/cgi.cfg file with the user authorization username changed back to nemsadmin which results in the same error all over again until i manually edit the file again and restart the Nagios service.  I also noticed that as I left the unit running over the weekend after editing the cgi.cfg file once again, I returned this morning to find that while the unit had not been restarted the file had been overwritten with the default information again.

I am quite pleased with the ease of the overall setup of the NEMS Linux distribution, but most likely my overall lack of experience with Linux in general has caused me to miss some important step in the process that would have avoided this problem.  Any help someone might be able to provide to resolve this issue and stop this file from being overwritten would be most appreciated.

If Ive left out any important information, or can provide more details, please let me know.

Thanks
Don

Messages In This Thread
nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 02-26-2018, 02:42 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 02-28-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-02-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-02-2018, 09:02 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 03-02-2018, 10:28 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-02-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 03-02-2018, 11:00 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-02-2018, 11:04 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 03-06-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-06-2018, 04:25 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by dlayng - 03-06-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: nagios user authorization problems - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-06-2018, 05:36 PM