Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PlexPi 1.2 Doesn't add files on HDD attached to the router

Hi,
first of all thanks for this great release! I just bought a Pi3 to run my PMS so I'm not experienced with the pi and I have a limited linux knowledge.

I was able to access the plexpi web gui (although I need to use the IP address as the alias plexpi.local doesn't work).

I have a previously installed instance of PMS on my laptop and I have all my media on 2 HDDs both connected to the router.

On my laptop PMS I've configured the libraries to point directly to the network paths were the files reside, for example \\READYSHARE\HD1\MOVIES.

I tried to configure PMS on plexpi with the same path but it doesn't find the media.

Any clues?

EDIT: apparently I need to mount the network drive first, I manage to do it with the following commands (I have two HDDs):

Code:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/USB_2TB /mnt/usb2TB
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/USB_3_1TB /mnt/usb1TB

How can I mount them automatically every time I reboot the pi?

I've tried adding to /etc/fstab the following lines but it doesn't work (my network share doesn't need password):

Code:
 //192.168.1.1/USB_2TB /mnt/usb2TB cifs username=root,password= 0 0 
//192.168.1.1/USB_3_1TB /mnt/usb1TB cifs username=root,password= 0 0

EDIT 2:
After some researches it seems that the mount command on the fstab is being executed before the network interface is up. In fact, if I manually run after the boot

Code:
sudo mount -a

the 2 HHDs get mounted correctly, so the line in fstab is correct.

Any clues on how to solve this?

EDIT 3:
I've solved it!! I run 

Code:
sudo raspi-config

and set in boot options to wait for network. I don't use the pi offline, so it's not an issue for me.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks!

Bye

Valerio

Messages In This Thread
PlexPi 1.2 Doesn't add files on HDD attached to the router - by thunder2k - 03-22-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: PlexPi 1.2 Doesn't add files on HDD attached to the router - by Robbie Ferguson - 03-26-2018, 11:50 AM