Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My story and a couple of questions about Backups/Updates

Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad you like PlexPi so far... it's still just a wee baby, but lots of great features to come!

To create the image I use my own custom version of rpi-mkimg. I created it for NEMS Linux, but use it for all my Pi images. It's open source, just like practically everything I do... https://github.com/Cat5TV/rpi-mkimg

Documentation is probably slightly out of date, but the syntax is (as root):

./mkimg.sh /dev/sdc PlexPi_1.3.img.zip

... where /dev/sdc is the card and PlexPi_1.3.img.zip is the output file (must end in .img.zip).

It's destructive. Until you are confident it works on your system, please create a "normal" backup first.

You'd need to expand the filesystem at first boot if you use my tool since it's designed for creating distributable images, not backups.

And if you're one of those sad people who use Windows instead of Linux, I'd suggest trying win32diskimager to backup your card.

All the best!
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:

Messages In This Thread
My story and a couple of questions about Backups/Updates - by sjlockley - 04-06-2018, 02:12 PM
RE: My story and a couple of questions about Backups/Updates - by Robbie Ferguson - 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM