Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to add a host for monitoring

Hey chicostix - welcome to NEMS!
Apologies: NEMS Linux is still in development mode. I'm just one guy, and that means the documentation is lacking as I focus more on developing it into the most robust and easy-to-use Nagios server ever!
But that said, I'm here to help, and happy to do so.
Do not, by any means, follow the instructions you linked to. Doing so will break your NEMS configuration.
NEMS (unlike Nagios Core) is striving to be GUI-based. The config files are built automatically within NEMS NConf and NEMS SST. Editing these configs manually will result in your database being out of sync with your configs, and you will lose data.
I'm planning a video series to walk people through how to use NEMS Linux (a bit easier to follow than docs, I think) and supplementing that with documentation. I also hope to eventually write a book for sysadmins on the use of NEMS. For now, let me know what you'd like help with specifically, and I will focus on that.
Thanks,
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:

Messages In This Thread
How to add a host for monitoring - by chicostix - 07-06-2018, 08:59 AM
RE: How to add a host for monitoring - by Robbie Ferguson - 07-06-2018, 10:11 AM
RE: How to add a host for monitoring - by chicostix - 07-06-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: How to add a host for monitoring - by Robbie Ferguson - 07-10-2018, 03:23 PM