Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bad choices in administrator account names

Long time nems user, trying the upgrade to 1.4.x from 1.3.1

I'm doing this on a separate PI, so I can fool with it and not take an outage on the what is now I guess a legacy system, which is just cooking along.

Install it and run the migrator. I think where I am having issues is that my old administrator name was admin. I now know that is a bad idea, and should use something else. That is good advice, if after the fact. I give it a different name, and let it run.

The username of the new NEMS server (xxxxxxx) differs from the old one (admin).

Reconciling the data... Done.
Please note: This patch is applied via a find and replace.
             Therefore, if your old username was something that could be found erroneously,
             eg., 'nagios', your configs may be broken by the replace operation since it will
             find and replace ALL instances of 'nagios'. I cannot possibly account for this.
             To avoid this problem, use very unique usernames.
             If this has occurred, please re-initialize NEMS as 'admin' and restore
             your backup again. There's really no other way.
Job for nagios.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status nagios.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

When I am done, it does not appear nagios is running.

In the generic sense, what is the best way to deal with this? Is there an easy way to change the ID on the source system, and re-migrate? is it possible to patch up the one I've got? I fear even if I find a few instances and correct them, there will be others that I might not encounter until later.

Welcome any thoughts. in the meantime I'll be fooling with this.

Jim

Messages In This Thread
bad choices in administrator account names - by JatBee - 07-22-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: bad choices in administrator account names - by Robbie Ferguson - 07-22-2018, 08:56 PM
RE: bad choices in administrator account names - by bhil923 - 01-15-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: bad choices in administrator account names - by JatBee - 01-15-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: bad choices in administrator account names - by Robbie Ferguson - 01-16-2019, 09:20 AM