Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk

I have successfully installed Plexpi Vs. 1.3 on Pi 3B+ and use an external hard disk for all my media files. Everything works perfect!
Now I have installed Nextcloud on the Pi which is also working fine except that I have no chance to use the external hard drive for the nextcloud data directory. After several tries I found out that I cannot change the user rights for the data folder one the disk. 
chown -R www-data:www-data /media/pi/<drive name>/<data path> or sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /media/pi/<drive name>/<data path>has no effect at all even if I use sudo -i
I also tried to use a memory stick instead of the hard disk - same result....
A fresh install of Nextcloud with the external path immediately gives an error and the procedure I found for changing the data path after an installation fails as well. Checking the user rights of the directory still shows pi as owner.
I'm not familiar with Debian - so what shall I do???

Messages In This Thread
Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Heinerlein - 09-17-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by thunder2k - 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Heinerlein - 09-24-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by thunder2k - 09-24-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Phil - 09-30-2018, 12:29 PM