Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PlexPi library location

Hi Peter C.

First, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying what I've done so far with PlexPi!

What you request is planned for in a coming release, and I hope to make it very easy to do. As a Linux guy, I could easily achieve what you're requesting, but as you profess to be pretty new to Linux, well, it's gonna take some getting your head around it, I think.

Basically, a folder in Linux can be a folder, a symlink, or a mount point.

So the folder /home/pi/Library (your library) is currently a folder... stored on the SD card.

You could turn off Plex (sudo systemctl stop plexmediaserver) and then move the content of /home/pi/Library somewhere else like an external drive or NAS share, run chattr +i /home/pi/Library/ (to make it unwriteable unless mounted) and then mount that drive or NAS share onto /home/pi/Library (thereby turning the folder into a mountpoint) and make sure it mounts automatically at every boot. Once you have it mounted, you can then turn Plex back on (sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver) and cross your fingers. :D

Be prepared to break stuff! It's all part of learning and tinkering. But know the feature is planned for a future release of PlexPi. Obviously I want to work on moving things away from the SD card as much as possible.  :)

Have fun!
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:

Messages In This Thread
PlexPi library location - by Peter C - 04-03-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: PlexPi library location - by Robbie Ferguson - 04-04-2018, 09:02 AM
RE: PlexPi library location - by thunder2k - 04-04-2018, 09:50 AM
RE: PlexPi library location - by Robbie Ferguson - 04-04-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: PlexPi library location - by thunder2k - 04-05-2018, 04:11 PM
RE: PlexPi library location - by Robbie Ferguson - 04-05-2018, 04:17 PM
RE: PlexPi library location - by thunder2k - 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: PlexPi library location - by Robbie Ferguson - 04-05-2018, 04:41 PM