Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk

I did not "solve" the problem but I found a workaround. My hard disk was automatically mounted in '/media/pi/XXX' and this seemed to be the problem because I could not change the user as long as it was mounted under '/pi/....' Now I mount the drive using an entry in fstab in '/media/XXX' and everything works as expected. It seems that even at root I cannot make any changes in folders under '/pi' .....

A shor warning: During testing I was able to kill my whole system (it did not boot anymore) with an entry in fstab which I thought was correct but seemed to contain an error. I had to reload the image on the SD card and redo all steps......

Messages In This Thread
Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Heinerlein - 09-17-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by thunder2k - 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Heinerlein - 09-24-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by thunder2k - 09-24-2018, 04:04 AM
RE: Unable to change User rights on mounted hard disk - by Phil - 09-30-2018, 12:29 PM