Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to configure NRPE with Nconf?

By setting your locale to Belarus, you are changing the system language which is what is resulting in the Belarusian (Russian) output of some system text. As you say, this is the language that you want, so it is not a concern. NEMS itself is English only since that's all I'm able to speak, but the underlying system (Debian) supports Russian. So you'll end up with a bit of a mix-match between language outputs Smile

Sounds like you know your way around Nagios - so that's great. The key thing will be learning to adapt that knowledge to NEMS, which does away with the old "text file" scripts and instead places your hosts and services in a web-based GUI (NEMS NConf).

I haven't written documentation for the individual check commands yet. You should be able to get a sense of how NEMS NConf works by reviewing the samples I've included, or get started with the legacy NConf wiki, which fortunately is still active even though the original developer stopped building NConf.

I will do my best to have check_nrpe (and other check commands) documented this quarter. It's a huge undertaking.

Thanks,
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:

Messages In This Thread
How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by baggins - 10-03-2017, 06:10 AM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by Robbie Ferguson - 10-03-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by baggins - 10-03-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by Robbie Ferguson - 10-03-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by baggins - 10-03-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by Robbie Ferguson - 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM
RE: How to configure NRPE with Nconf? - by ronjohntaylor - 03-18-2018, 01:36 AM