Hello There, Guest! Login Register
 Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 Next   
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sendemail ERROR => You must specify a 'from' field! Try --help.

The bug reported by baggins was fixed in NEMS 1.4.x.

Thanks!
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Hi Robbie et al

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I have just installed version 1.4.1 and I still get this sendemail error when i try to run nems-mailtest?

Please let me know if you need a new thread to be started?

My initial attempt was to run this in a small network which is detached from the internet but the local mailserver doesn't support TLS so that didnt work although NEMS seemed to connect to it.

My second attempt was to run it on a pi connected to the internet using google smtp as a relay. I have done the insecure app stuff and tested it and can send emails however this doesn't work?

Any ideas anyone to get email notifications to work please?

See below for what command I run and the resultant output:

username@nems:/home/monitor# nems-mailtest email@domain.com
Please wait...
sh: 11: ** -m *****: not found
sh: 13: Notification: not found
sh: 14: Host:: not found
sh: 16: Address:: not found
sh: 19: Date/Time:: not found
sh: 20: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
Sep 05 12:01:20 nems sendemail[24637]: WARNING => The argument after -xp was not valid password!
Sep 05 12:01:20 nems sendemail[24637]: ERROR => You must specify a 'from' field! Try --help.

Many thanks!
Hey, xtreme010.

Yeah, it would be better to create a new thread rather than bumping an old one, but since the damage is done [lol] I'll try to help here. Just keep it in mind for future.

I should improve the error handling for sure. That's not very clear. :)

Did you set everything up for your SMTP server in NEMS-SST?

Can you please send me your support.nems file as per https://docs.nemslinux.com/commands/nems-support

Cheers,
Robbie

Sorry Robbie, will start a new thread next time.

Yes i did setup the email settings as in SST before testing but no joy.

Will email the support files to you shortly.

Thanks!
Thanks. From what I see, the authentication username and password you specified for your SMTP server (Gmail) are invalid. Is that because you didn't want me to see them so you masked them, or is it actually set to those values in NEMS SST?

Yeah, I do plan on allowing non-TLS SMTP (much to my dismay) due to users like you requesting it. I'll make sure to push out this feature ASAP, but for now I just need to know if those values in NEMS SST are intentional. Obviously they won't authenticate against Gmail.

Did you follow the docs here? https://docs.nemslinux.com/usage/nagios-gmail-smtp

Cheers,
Robbie

Hey Robbie

The creds have been changed so that I could send the files over as I don't like sharing passwords Smile

Jazz
And yes I followed the guide regarding less secure apps (its a non G Suite account for now)
Understood. Just have to rule that out  Smile

So did you follow the docs for how to use Gmail as your SMTP service provider with NEMS?

Looking a bit deeper at this and it is surely an issue with your config. TLS was already set to auto in a previous commit, so I don't believe it's that... but the error messages you provided show that the config is missing every setting.

Did you at any point try editing old Nagios .cfg files by hand, rather than using the NEMS interface?

What does it say when you type:  nems-info nemsver && echo ""

Yes i followed the documentation.

No I didn't set anything other than via the interface.

I'll got the output for what you asked me to run comes back with:

If I set the smtp to the internal mail relay server I get a tls error so seems like the setting are applying when I click on save but the script you have for nems-mailtest doesn't work.
 Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 Next