Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NEMS V1.3 config

Hello,

I reinstalled NEMS 1.3 on a Raspberry V3. A backup of my old installation (1.3) I have on a no longer bootable SD card.
What files do I have to copy back to my newly installed system to get Nagios and nconf up to date,
so you do not have to reenter everything.

Thank you
fluminator
Hey fluminator,
Do you have a copy of your backup.nems file?
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Hey Robbie,

No, unfortunately not. had completely set up Nems on a Raspberry and after that no boats were possible anymore.
have made a new installation on a new ssd and now looking for config files for nconf.
Under / etc / nems and / etc / nagios3 you will find the Nagios settings.
but under nconf nothing is displayed by my settings under nagios.
how do i get that visible under nconf again.

Many Thanks
Fluminator
Wow, that sucks. I wish you'd been running your backups... I couldn't be much clearer about backups.

So when you say you can't boot the card... is it just that the bootloader is botched? or?

We may have to use a chroot environment... or perhaps could hack up nems-migrator to create a backup.nems file using a separate disk. Do you have an external SD card reader you could connect to a working NEMS server for this purpose?

To answer your question, no... you can't just copy files / scripts. Those are the output of NEMS. The first time you add a new host, they'll be overwritten.

Lemme know. Can I get SSH access to help? Alternatively you could create an img of your SD card (with the config) and send it to me via dropbox or google drive, and I can create a backup.nems file for you.

Is it possible to do this yourself? Would like to avoid if possible to send an original IMG.
I have here connected to my Raspberry the old SD card and integrated as /dev/sda2.
Would you also write me the steps. Would be really nice.

How do I activate the NEMS backup on my new system?

Thank you
fluminator
It's all in the docs how to run backups and such.

For the recovery, yeah I can help. Can you hook me up with SSH access and PM me the info?

I haven't heard from you on this. Am I helping you recover your configs?