Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cool Linux like Windows Shell

(03-30-2012, 09:33 AM)Robbie Ferguson Wrote: WD drives are among the most expensive to conduct data recovery on since their spindles are attached to the cover. It requires very specialized work. So in the event of a hard drive crash where data recovery is required, a Seagate drive will save you around $1,000.

Or you just buy a new drive and restore a backup and save over $1000

[Image: uc.png]
That's what I recommend, but for some reason people still don't listen.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
(03-30-2012, 03:24 PM)Robbie Ferguson Wrote: That's what I recommend, but for some reason people still don't listen.

The only time I can see data recovery even with no backup is if the data is super sensative or irreplaceable pictures (I have lost some myself but can not afford data recovery Sad )
[Image: uc.png]
Yea, I personally am not worried about data recovery. I am worried about my disks working, which WD has always provided (as long as it uses their firmware.) So I have no issues with the way they build their drives. I have had Seagates (2 of them) crash and burn on me (it was their time though, they had been used a while.) So, I really look at it as a coin toss as to what drive to pick for others, but I prefer WD for myself (since I do have backups of important things.)
CompTIA A+ 602 Certified
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (Expired)
Google Developer Expert for Web Technology