Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mems Init Nems 1.4.1

I use raspberry pi 3 b+ as my hardware. I can't init my hardware like in the screenshot.
[Image: HAK3V45.jpg]
[Image: HAK4gAL.jpg]

I am already config my country, wifi, and ethernet cable already connected on port, but still cant run that init command.
Anyone know how to solve that ?
You need to connect an ethernet cable, turn off wifi, and reboot.

"I am already config my country, wifi, and ethernet cable already connected on port, but still cant run that init command." - you should not do any of these things other than connect the cable and run nems-init. Your having tried to manually change things (eg., activating WiFi) is likely why it's broken.

You may be best to re-flash to restore the defaults and start again with Ethernet connected.

Do not pre-configure anything - just run sudo nems-init as per the documentation.

Let me know how it goes.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
Hi Robbie, I have the same problem, getting this message when I entered the command to initialize: “Your Internet connection doesn’t appear to be functional. Please ensure your NEMS Linus server has Internet connectivity and try again.”

I tried using another micro SD card from the beginning and same problem. So I started to configure wifi but still no success.

Finally, tried again using a fresh install from downloaded image but same problem. 

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
What happens when you type:
ping github.com

i get:
PING github.com (13.250.177.233) 56(84) bytes of data.

Then it hangs...
I then got out of the loop, typing CTNL C and this is the GitHub.com ping statistics -

233 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% paces loss, time 2411249ms so I guess it didn’t reach the site.
Yeah, you have some kind of issue causing you not to be able to reach Github. That's where NEMS gets its updates from (my repos) so it needs to be resolved.

Can you try: ping google.com

Is it working, and only github is failing?

yes, it looks like it reaching google.com.

I get response from the ping.
Are you behind a firewall that could be blocking non-standard ports like TCP port 9418 which is used by Git?

No, I am now working from home network. 

I don’t normally have an issue with Firewall etc. unless I am working from office.