Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fresh 1.5 Install - Adagios run error

So i'm very new to NEMS but i love the idea and the UI is pretty awesome. I set it up on my Pi 3 and everything seems okay exception when i add my core switch via SNMP it's not adding the host in adagios even after a config deploy and when i click the play button to what i would assume is run nagios manually? i get a python script error.

The error is
Code:
ControlError: Unable to detect daemon method, could not find initscript or systemd unit file

The Debug info is
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/adagios/views.py", line 43, in wrapper
   result = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/adagios/misc/views.py", line 191, in nagios_service
   form.save()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/adagios/misc/forms.py", line 507, in save
   daemon = adagios.daemon.Daemon()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/adagios/daemon.py", line 25, in __init__
   super(Daemon, self).__init__()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pynag/Control/__init__.py", line 74, in __init__
   self.method = self._guess_method()
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pynag/Control/__init__.py", line 241, in _guess_method
   raise ControlError('Unable to detect daemon method, could not find init'
ControlError: Unable to detect daemon method, could not find initscript or systemd unit file

I'm not sure if im doing this correct but all i've done is install NEMS, expanded FS, enabled an account and added a cisco switch with check_snmp service.
paintballer4lfe
Hi paintballer4lfe,
So you've added a check using NEMS NConf? And then clicked "Generate Nagios Config" and pressed the Deploy button? Doing this would immediately impact Adagios, so I'm not sure where you're getting hung up.

As far as the "play" button in Adagios, I'll have to have a look at that, which would be unrelated. Adagios is still young in NEMS and as you can see in the changelogs there are plans to adapt it so "unused" features are removed. In its current state, there are features that were added by the original author that NEMS does not utilize, and I would reckon that might be what you're encountering there. Just a quick guess.

Lemme know.
Robbie
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks: