Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connected TV screen Colors

Hello,

It doesn't look like my NEMS v1.5 "host" screen is changing colors to reflect a critical state. Here is the change log that says it was added.
Change Log: March 2, 2019 - Connected TV screen improved to include NEMS state information. Colors softened for normal state, and will turn red in event of CRITICAL state.

***When I ssh into nems this shows on the screen. Seems a little odd and wanted to make sure I included it.

NEMS Version.....: 1.5 (Current Version is 1.4.1)

I ran the update and no updates show, not sure why it is showing the current ver as 1.4.1.

Thanks for the support!
Hi jerrit,
Apologies for the confusion: The change affects a TV connected directly to your NEMS server (via HDMI cable) and nothing else. It is to pave the way for NEMS servers which have a built-in 3" screen. In your case though, you'd be better to use NEMS TV Dashboard.
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd

Did I help you out? Appreciate what I do? Please consider saying thanks:
For your second issue (current version 1.4.1) - which build are you running? That should indeed say that the current version is 1.5.

Please confirm that you get no errors when you run:
Code:
sudo nems-update

Hi Robbie, 

Looks like my proxy was blocking the nems update, it kept saying it was up to date. Put it on another network and ran the update, which fixed the NEMS Version issue. Looks like the screen color alerts are working now as well.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Awesome! Glad you figured it out. Keep NEMS connected to a connection that allows it to update, because some exciting updates are always just around the corner :)