Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Setup Issues

Platform (Eg., RPi, XU4, A64+, OVA): RPi
NEMS Linux version (eg., 1.4.1, 1.5): 1.5.1
NEMS Build number (eg., Build 2, Build 6): 1
... followed by the nature of your question / problem.

This is a brand new install followed by an update. After the update, under storage, I see this error: "Error loading modules: Error opening directory “/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/udisks2/modules”: No such file or directory  udisksd

Is this something I should be worried about? If so, what would be the best way to fix it? 

Secondly, I have a 2.5" SATA drive installed with my RPi. NEMS "sees" it, but it doesn't appear to be configured to use it. If I select it and try to "Create partition table",  (I want to re-partition it as it came from the factory with NTFS (that is what NEMS says)). So if I try to repartition it, or even just delete the partitions, I am told "Not authorized to perform operation". The account I am logged into NEMS with has the "Server Administrotor" role. Also, when I log in with it, I select the "Reuse my password for privileged tasks" options, and I see next to my account name in the upper-right corner of the screen that the current account is "Privileged". Thus my question is why can't I perform any disk operations while logged in with this account?

Thanks!
Jon
You will most likely need to log into the system over SSH in order to perform disk operations.
Once logged in using your NEMS username/password, you can then 'sudo su -' and establish a 'root' login (fully privileged).

From there following a tutorial like this one should allow you to partition, create file systems, and then mount those file systems into the appropriate directory structure.  Following a reboot, NEMS will automatically use the drive as it's been mounted into the filesystem transparently to NEMS itself.

https://developer.ibm.com/tutorials/l-lpic1-104-1/

-Rob
Thanks Rob, I will give that a shot. I just thought that it was odd that the tools to do it are within the NEMS web interface, but I don't have the authority to do it. I'll try what you suggested and see what happens.

Thanks,
Jon